Leased Site Maintenance
A soft reminder to everyone at Travelers Rest that leased site maintenance is provided by the park May 1 to November 1 when sites are mowed but not trimmed nor weeded. November 1 to May 1 the leased site is to be mowed, trimmed, and weeded by the resident.
Volunteers are needed throughout the park. Remember, the more volunteers help in the park the more money is saved and that results in lower increases on annual lease and maintenance fees. If you’re not sure how you can help by volunteering please see, call or send a message to Guy Weik, Activity Coordinator.
Dog Walk and Bike Riding Policy Reminder
A reminder that policy prohibits walking dogs and riding bicycles around and near buildings such as the south side of Busch Hall beside the pool. Dogs are not permitted in any building.
InTouch Communications Update
InTouch communications can be seen on the video screen outside the Post Office. This is a beta test with more content to be added soon.
Building Key Card Access
Key Card access to buildings is moving along. The cards will be distributed to residents via their mailboxes.
The board will hold a Resident Forum Monday, January 9 at 3 PM in Busch Hall.
The Grove Tent
The tent is covering the stage in the Grove. To schedule events please see Guy Weik.
COVID Testing and Treatment Assistance
While we are all glad to put the major COVID pandemic behind us and begin to socialize once again, Travelers Rest wants to remind residents that COVID infections with subvariants will likely be a problem for the foreseeable future. These infections tend to be easily managed by all except those who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or have other chronic illnesses. Therefore, Travelers Rest requests that residents do the following:
- If you’re not feeling well, please stay home in case you are COVID positive. Stopping COVID before it spreads is very important for our residents at TR.
- Be prepared to test for COVID at home if you have symptoms. At home COVID tests are available at pharmacy locations, Walmart, Amazon (online), and many other sources.
- If you test positive for COVID, please follow CDC guidelines to avoid spreading it to others who may become quite ill from the infection. Current guidelines recommend isolating for 5 days, and then resuming activities with a KN95 or N95 mask for another 5 days.
- If you test positive, please notify Jean Cobb as well as anyone you have been around for 24 hours prior to the onset of your symptoms, as COVID is typically communicable for 24 hours BEFORE symptoms are apparent.
- You can call Jean Cobb (CELL: 256-508-8661) any time to discuss COVID symptoms, diagnosis, or treatment, or any questions you may have.
TR Strategic Plan Update
At every meeting, the board reviews the progress towards completing the TR Strategic Plan. Presently, all objectives are on time and on track.
Share Stock Prices
Today’s price range for available shares of stock is between $3500 and $6275.
We hope you look forward to the next update from the Board of Directors!
Travelers Rest Board of Directors